Re: Why is Nautilus using 38% CPU?

On 9/2/2012 8:46 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 19:59:08 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

Re: Why is Nautilus using 38% CPU?

Is this normal behavior?

You mean while system is idle? And it happens continously?

Yes, exactly.

I have a fairly beefy system, so it should be < 1% I would think.

What GNOME version are you using? Nautilus should be off (not running)
since gnome-shell unless you had it configure for handling the desktop or
you manually launched it.

The GNOME metapackages all say 3.0, but most of it is 3.4.  It's all Wheezy.

Is this relevant?: I'm running the 3.5-trunk kernel from experimental.
Running it on assorted VMs with no problem.

Hard to tell with the little info you provide :-)

:) I am looking for a starting point.

- In my Lenny (GNOME 2), nautilus takes 0-1% of CPU.

- In my Wheezy (GNOME 3+gnome-shell with the file manager handling the
desktop) it takes a bit more, around 5-8% with peaks reaching 18% of the
CPU.

Greetings,