Re: Obtaining a Newer Kernel

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 09:41 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Lu, 27 aug 12, 21:47:08, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > I often build vanilla + patch-rt. Usually I copy the Debian's default
> > kernel config, change some settings to fit to rt needs and then run
> > "make oldconfig".
>
> Have you tried the new rt flavour of Debian kernels?
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux think 3.2.0-3-rt-686-pae #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Mon Jul 23 05:49:20 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

No, usually packages for the kernel-rt are as good as a self build
kernel, but to keep knowledge about Linux Rt it's good to build the
kernel and perhaps minimal better optimization of the kernel to my
machine + minimal better optimization of other things, might result in
an noticeable improvement.

Regards,
Ralf