Re: Obtaining a Newer Kernel

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 19:39:42 -0400
Gary Dale <garydale@rogers.com> wrote:

> Experimental kernels are probably better than downloading the source
> from kernel.org and compiling it. At least some attempt is made to make
> it work in the Debian ecosystem.

As Stan points out in another message in this thread, there's not much
in the way of changes between vanilla and Debian kernels, and I don't
think there will generally be any problem at all in running vanilla
ones in the Debian ecosystem. I generally do, and rarely, if ever,
experience problems due to a vanilla - Debian incompatibility.

Celejar