Obtaining a Newer Kernel

I am running Debian testing, which currently has kernel 3.2.23-1, same as unstable. experimental has 3.5.something. I am looking to run kernel version 3.3 or higher.

As I understand it, there are 2 ways to go about this. I could build from the kernel.org source, or I could install from unstable. Which is more likely to yield better results, as far as stability, security, etc.? If I were to go with a vanilla kernel, would it be best to just go with 3.3, or would it make sense to take 3.5?