Re: Power Issue

---- On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 08:24:12 -0700 Camaleón  wrote ----

>On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:47:24 -0700, cletusjenkins wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with my laptop. When the battery runs down the system
>> won't shut down automatically. I am running stable with gnome. hanks.
>
>Does it work if you manually configure an "on lid close event → shutdown"
>and then close the lid of your laptop or this fails in the same way?
>
>It can be some sort of bug from gnome-power-manager. Wow, there are
>indeed many bugs reported :-O
>
>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=gnome-power-manager
>
>I would take a carefully read on those that are related to your problem
>and see if there's any bypass that can work for you :-?
>
>Greetings,
>
>--
>Camaleón

I didn't think of that test. I tried it and it does indeed shutdown. I'll check out the bugs you mentioned. I don't see an option that lets you specify when to shutdown in the power manager gui, it just says "critically low". Is there a file I can manually set it to shutdown sooner maybe my battery suddenly dies? I've watched it and it does not seem to even start shutting down before the power dies.