Re: Power Issue

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:47:24 -0700, cletusjenkins wrote:

> I have a problem with my laptop. When the battery runs down the system
> won't shut down automatically. I am running stable with gnome. The power
> manager detects the battery and reports the charge level correctly. I
> have the options setup such that it should shutdown when "battery is
> critically low" (and have clicked to make that the default settings for
> the entire system). I have checked that the bios doesn't have any power
> options disabled, etc, but still it fails to shutdown. I've watched it
> just sit there and die once the spice stops flowing, so I know it isn't
> dying while a shutdown is in progress. (I am logged in as well). Thanks.

Does it work if you manually configure an "on lid close event → shutdown"
and then close the lid of your laptop or this fails in the same way?

It can be some sort of bug from gnome-power-manager. Wow, there are
indeed many bugs reported :-O

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=gnome-power-manager

I would take a carefully read on those that are related to your problem
and see if there's any bypass that can work for you :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón