Re: debootstrap fails

Le samedi 25 août 2012 à 16:12 -0600, Bob Proulx a écrit :

> > Aug 25 23:21:13 hostname kernel: [ 8518.707495] Call Trace:
> > Aug 25 23:21:13 hostname kernel: [ 8518.707693] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at (null)
>
> That one in particular looks scary.
Yes indeed.

> I don't know what the root cause
> is but it doesn't seem to be a debootstrap problem.
Nope. I just got the problem with rsync. And debootstrap did not produce
this problem...

> Seems to be
> something in the environment below that.  But is it kernel or cabling
> or something else that I do not know.
I'll try to create a small BTRFS partition on my main hard drive
tomorrow... I don't know why but it really smells like BTRFS problem...
BTRFS might well be as experimental as it is advertised to be after
all...

> > Might be an unknown BTRFS bug though... or in LUKS... or in my SSD...
>
> Something is wrong somewhere but not yet enough information to know
> where.  I tend to swap hardware around until I can either isolate the
> problem to a specific component or work around it in some other way.
I'm gonna switch to ext4 on my ssd just to see if it changes something.
That's a shame: I hope BTRFS is not really the culprit here.