Re: Nagios shows only one Host (Services)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:37:38 +0200, Denis Witt wrote:

> On 21.08.2012 18:21, Camaleón wrote:

>> That behaviour has a slight resemblance to this bug report:

>> While not exactly the same, both problems seem to be related with the
>> "host_name" variable and both experience problems to render the host
>> from the Services tab. Curious.
>
> Yes, but I don't think that "dx.local" is comparable to "null". ;) Also
> dx.local was the only host that was shown, pdc.local and vm.local
> wasn't.

No, of course is not the same, but too much for a simply casualty that a
change in the name of the host can render it invisible from the services
tab :-)

>>> Strange, but I think I can live with that.
>
>> If you were able to reproduce the issue it could be reported but given
>> that works fine in another host, you will have to convince developers
>> that the problem is not in your side which is a rather hard task :-)
>
> I can't. I just can say that if I use the file with a name that isn't
> the last to render it breaks things, but I have no idea why. And I can
> say that the same config works fine with Squeeze.

And the same config also works fine in a second wheezy instance, right?

I can't recall if you already looked at the Nagios and/or Apache2 logs,
just in case...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón