Re: Nagios shows only one Host (Services)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:13:03 +0200, Denis Witt wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>
>> If you already discarded a problem from the configuration file, I would
>> try to stop and then start the service to ensure there's only one
>> instance up and running. I say this because I've read some reports from
>> users experiencing this problem of hosts/services not showing up when
>> several instances have been started.
>
> I check that and there was only one process running.
>
> I stopped and started the Daemon anyway, but nothing changed.

Ah, okay then. As you commented something about it was working fine in another
instance, that "triggered" a light in my head :-)

>> Ah, look, it is documented:
>> Hosts and services intermittently disappear from the web interface
>> http://support.nagios.com/knowledgebase/faqs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&catid=35&faq_id=21&expand=false&showdesc=true
>
> The Services/Hosts didn't disappear from time to time, only the exact
> same host is always shown with it services. The other two are missing,
> but I can access their services any time without problems if I go to the
> "Hosts" page (status.cgi?hostgroup=all&style=hostdetail).

>From the configuration file you uploaded to Debian paste I only miss the
definitions for "services", is that correct? Unless they're set in a
different configuraion file, there should be listed somewhere.

> From there I can choose "View Status Detail For This Host" and all
> services are shown fine.
>
> It's like there is some kind of setting saying "Show only first host".
> ("Limit Results" is 100 per default but it doesn't matter if I set it to
> a higher value.)

Weird, yes. Maybe a problem/glitch coming from the web interface (the CGI
script in charge of rendering the information) and not from Nagios itself.
Can you generate a fake event to check if the reaction from Nagios is as
expected in all levels?

Also, given you updated from Squeeze, it could be useful to review the Nagios
logs and also starting, not from scratch but from a "basic" template and
then adding new hosts/services to see how it goes, to discard a simple
configuration issue that can be making noise.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón