Re: Nagios shows only one Host (Services)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:04:31 +0200, Denis Witt wrote:

> On 18.08.2012 22:43, Camaleón wrote:

>>> I check that and there was only one process running. I stopped and
>>> started the Daemon anyway, but nothing changed.
>
>> Ah, okay then. As you commented something about it was working fine in
>> another instance, that "triggered" a light in my head :-)
>
> I have two machines running the Nagios Daemon. One for all internal
> machines, one for all external machines.

Is there some kind of proxy or filter between the system running Nagios
and the client machine from where you are accessing (if any)?

(...)

>> Weird, yes. Maybe a problem/glitch coming from the web interface (the
>> CGI script in charge of rendering the information) and not from Nagios
>> itself. Can you generate a fake event to check if the reaction from
>> Nagios is as expected in all levels?
>
> Events working fine. Warnings, Critical, Recovery, Acknowledge
> everything works as expected. So, yes, it might be just a CGI-Problem.

(...)

> Anyway I was able to narrow it down to one single config file
> (dx_nagios2.conf) but I can't see any flaw in it. The funny thing is, if
> I rename the host from "dx.local" to "zdx.local" everything works fine
> as the Host is the last Host to show up in "Services".

That behaviour has a slight resemblance to this bug report:

While not exactly the same, both problems seem to be related with the
"host_name" variable and both experience problems to render the host from
the Services tab. Curious.

> Strange, but I think I can live with that.

If you were able to reproduce the issue it could be reported but given
that works fine in another host, you will have to convince developers
that the problem is not in your side which is a rather hard task :-)

> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome and good to know you at least discovered the problematic
file/setting.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón