Re: tsclient

On 08/13/2012 11:49 AM, lina wrote:
> A little thing, I accessed two windows (nearly the same), the keyboard
> layout is a bit weird in "start" menu --> search for something.
> One recognized my laptop keyboard, other didn't recognize.
> But both can recognize my keyboard layout is other places so far.
> So it's absolutely nothing important, I just mentioned here.

That's interesting. Are both of these remote systems running the same
Windows version?

I use Thinkpads for my remote admin work, so I guess their keyboards are
pretty standard and aren't a cause for concern when connecting to remote
systems. I have occasionally had sporadic problems with keyboard
shortcuts on the remote desktop when using remmina, but not when using
rdesktop. I've also had problems with remmina's keyboard capture setting
not working in some sessions until I log off and then log on again.

Maybe you'll be able to work something out with the -k switch to make
your keyboard work more reliably. You might also try an external
keyboard to see if that makes a difference???

Good fortune to you, lina!
the worrier