Re: DNS/apparmor problem

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:19:31 -0600, Glenn English wrote:

> Lenny, updated until the end.
>
> I started having lots of errors like "refresh: could not set file
> modification time of '/etc/bind/XXXXX': permisison denied" in syslog
> from bind9. I found some talking about this at a Ubuntu site, and a
> little more in README.Debian. And there's a apparmor.d/usr.sbin.named
> file in /etc. The Ubuntu site tells me that I need to do something to it
> with a program called aa-complain.

(...)

The only thing I can think that can be causing these erros is that by
default, and IIRC, Bind9 comes chrooted in Debian so this setting could
trigger "permission denied" errors but on the other hand, for the kind of
message ("can't change file modification time") it can be also something
related to a syncronization problem between zones, maybe with another
server :-?

How does your DNS server configuration look like? Are you using a special
setup or did you recently changed something on your side?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón