Re: tsclient

On Tuesday 14,August,2012 12:46 AM, Worrier Poet wrote:
> On 08/13/2012 11:49 AM, lina wrote:
>> A little thing, I accessed two windows (nearly the same), the keyboard
>> layout is a bit weird in "start" menu --> search for something.
>> One recognized my laptop keyboard, other didn't recognize.
>> But both can recognize my keyboard layout is other places so far.
>> So it's absolutely nothing important, I just mentioned here.
>
> That's interesting. Are both of these remote systems running the same
> Windows version?
The 1 now unable to connect.
2: Windows 2008 R2 Version 6.1
Basically I think the same.

Another interesting thing is that,
I could type with no problem on 1,
but on 2:
such as the Excel works fine, recognize my own laptop type,
but for originPro it won't recognize,
I switched to desktop to connect, the same problem.

> I use Thinkpads for my remote admin work, so I guess their keyboards are
> pretty standard and aren't a cause for concern when connecting to remote
> systems. I have occasionally had sporadic problems with keyboard
> shortcuts on the remote desktop when using remmina, but not when using
> rdesktop. I've also had problems with remmina's keyboard capture setting
> not working in some sessions until I log off and then log on again.
>
> Maybe you'll be able to work something out with the -k switch to make
> your keyboard work more reliably. You might also try an external
> keyboard to see if that makes a difference???
I will try the -k options, man rdesktop showed me very few layout options.

Thanks again with best regards,