Re: tsclient

On Monday 13,August,2012 11:21 PM, Worrier Poet wrote:
> On 08/13/2012 08:32 AM, lina wrote:
>> That's very nice of you,
>> today I also tried the rdesktop from command line,
>> the command I typed not cooperate so well, so basically not succeed yet.
>> The command I tried:
>> $ rdesktop -u lina -n sms-gpgpu-w1.staff.main.somethingelse.com -s
>> the_domain -p passwd
>>

> I haven't tried including the user name and password on the command
> line, but instead just let the remote system present me with the logon
> prompt. This works best for me in an environment where there is a wide
> mix of Windows systems to be controlled (NT4, 2000, 2003, 2008, XP,
> Vista, and 7 -- yeah, all of those).
>
> A typical command used by me would look like this:
>
> rdesktop -0 -g 80% -r clipboard:CLIPBOARD -r
> disk:wormach=//home/worrier/subfolder remotemachine.domain.local

That's very nice of you, thanks again.

> Used this way, the client attaches to the console session (-0) for those
> operating systems which provide that capability and is set to use the
> clipboard on both the remote and local systems. It also allows access
> from Windows Explorer on the remote system to the
> //home/worrier/subfolder on the admin system running Wheezy. The -g
> geometry setting lets me use a percentage of the screen or set a fixed
> resolution like 875x700 for the client.
>
> A little reading of man rdesktop and some experimentation should get you
> some results that will suit you. The rdesktop client does work much
> better than remmina (IMO) with older Windows remote systems. Since I
I am kinda of used to the rdesktop, so the remmina I tried hours ago and
switched back to rdesktop.

A little thing, I accessed two windows (nearly the same), the keyboard
layout is a bit weird in "start" menu --> search for something.
One recognized my laptop keyboard, other didn't recognize.
But both can recognize my keyboard layout is other places so far.
So it's absolutely nothing important, I just mentioned here.

> have no choice but to maintain such systems, I wind up using rdesktop a
> lot of the time.
Best regards,