Re: tsclient

On 08/13/2012 04:19 AM, lina wrote:
> On Monday 13,August,2012 04:06 PM, Dom wrote:
>> On 13/08/12 07:18, lina wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Before I have the tsclient installed in wheezy,
>>>
>>> one thing pretty weird, I can access one remote machine without problem,
>>> but for another, similar one always report the access of session is
>>> denied, which has no problem in accessing from other computer.
>>>
>>> So I purge it and decide to re-install.
>>>
>>> Now started to realize that there in no tsclient for wheezy,
>>> and quite interesting is that
>>>
>>> for squeeze it's 0.150-4
>>> for sid one it's 0.150-2
>>>
>>> I don't know which one is better for wheezy one, and can't find the bug
>>> report in the debian package tracking system.
>>>
>>> Thanks ahead for your suggestions, or are there some alternative one?
>>> like tsclient.
>>>

>> From tsclient bug 547314:
>>
>> "tsclient has been unmaintained upstream for a long time.
>> We have kept it because we lacked a client for RDP, but
>> now that grdc is in the archive, which is maintained and
>> much better than tsclient, it can be removed."
>
> Thank you. I failed to find this bug report.
>
> Now I switched to the remina, it's quite good.
>>
>> Mentioned as another alternative later in that bug report is remmina.
>> (grdc is now a dummy package in squeeze that depends on remmina)
>>

> Thanks with best regards,

I have used remmina for some time on Wheezy / Xfce but have periodically
run into client session crashes when using it for admin chores on
Windows domains. The application also has some minor general interface
usability issues under Xfce (4.8) when using all but 3 or 4 of the
available appearance themes, but I suspect those glitches may not occur
under Gnome.

If you should run into these or other problems with remmina, you might
consider using rdesktop from the repositories. This is a much simpler
remote desktop client used from within a terminal emulator and is rock
solid. It may have issues with upstream maintenance. I remember that
some time ago it was temporarily removed from the testing repositories.
Not quite sure of its status in re to that now, but it is back in the
repositories.

Just thought you should know of the alternative if you have problems
with remmina.

Good fortune to you!
the worrier