Re: tsclient

On 08/13/2012 08:32 AM, lina wrote:
> That's very nice of you,
> today I also tried the rdesktop from command line,
> the command I typed not cooperate so well, so basically not succeed yet.
> The command I tried:
> $ rdesktop -u lina -n sms-gpgpu-w1.staff.main.somethingelse.com -s
> the_domain -p passwd

I haven't tried including the user name and password on the command
line, but instead just let the remote system present me with the logon
prompt. This works best for me in an environment where there is a wide
mix of Windows systems to be controlled (NT4, 2000, 2003, 2008, XP,
Vista, and 7 -- yeah, all of those).

A typical command used by me would look like this:

rdesktop -0 -g 80% -r clipboard:CLIPBOARD -r
disk:wormach=//home/worrier/subfolder remotemachine.domain.local

Used this way, the client attaches to the console session (-0) for those
operating systems which provide that capability and is set to use the
clipboard on both the remote and local systems. It also allows access
from Windows Explorer on the remote system to the
//home/worrier/subfolder on the admin system running Wheezy. The -g
geometry setting lets me use a percentage of the screen or set a fixed
resolution like 875x700 for the client.

A little reading of man rdesktop and some experimentation should get you
some results that will suit you. The rdesktop client does work much
better than remmina (IMO) with older Windows remote systems. Since I
have no choice but to maintain such systems, I wind up using rdesktop a
lot of the time.

Good fortune to you!
the worrier