Re: Epson Perfection 1240U USB scanner device not found

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:47:38 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 03:06:02PM +0000, Camale??n wrote:

>> Anyway, every user (already created or to be created) is added by
>> default to the scanner group because of the pattern used to set this
>> ("/etc/ adduser.conf").
>
> Not sure about this.  From my (untouched) /etc/adduser.conf
>
> # Default:
> # #EXTRA_GROUPS="dialout cdrom floppy audio src video lp src users"
>
> But this is rather academic, as I haven't created another user for
> years! (Although Debian certainly has :)

Uh, you're right... the scanner group is not even there and when I create
a new user from GNOME users applet only pertains to its own group (e.g.,
user2/user2).

Maybe the only user added by default to the "extra" groups (also
"scanner") is the one created at install time? I can't confirm because I
couldn't find any documentation source about this :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón