Re: Epson Perfection 1240U USB scanner device not found

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:47:38 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 03:06:02PM +0000, Camale??n wrote:

>> Anyway, every user (already created or to be created) is added by
>> default to the scanner group because of the pattern used to set this
>> ("/etc/ adduser.conf").
> Not sure about this.  From my (untouched) /etc/adduser.conf
> # Default:
> # #EXTRA_GROUPS="dialout cdrom floppy audio src video lp src users"
> But this is rather academic, as I haven't created another user for
> years! (Although Debian certainly has :)

Uh, you're right... the scanner group is not even there and when I create
a new user from GNOME users applet only pertains to its own group (e.g.,

Maybe the only user added by default to the "extra" groups (also
"scanner") is the one created at install time? I can't confirm because I
couldn't find any documentation source about this :-?