Re: Epson Perfection 1240U USB scanner device not found
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Epson Perfection 1240U USB scanner device not found
- From: Joel Roth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:20:49 -1000
- Message-id: <20120721012048.GA6107@sprite>
- Reply-to: Joel Roth <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20120720033108.GA13154@sprite> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 02:31:09PM +0000, Camale??n wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:31:08 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> > But scanimage --list-devices only show my notebook camera. The notebook
> > is a Lenovo T410. My kernel is recent 3.2 stock kernel.
> > Any ideas what to try?
> Try running the above command as root to discard a permissions issue.
Hey, it was a permissions issue! Good guess.
$ sudo scanimage --list-devices
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname Integrated Camera virtual device
device `epson2:libusb:002:008' is a Epson Perfection1240 flatbed scanner
Is it a permission problem with udev or SANE or ???
BTW, the scanner doesn't look like a regular /dev entry.