Re: Error in gnome when logged in as root

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 07:20:48PM +0530, Harshad Joshi wrote:
>    What is this error in gnome -
>
>    "An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
>    Encryption Key Manager. Some of your configuration settings may not work
>    properly.
>
>    Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
>    IDL:[1]omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0"
>
>    This happens when i log in using root account and when i try to open
>    seahorse or gnome-power etc . How to clear this error?

Simple. Don't use Gnome as root.

You should NOT be logging in as root unless you have a VERY good reason.
If you need to run a specific application as root, use "gksu" or
"gksudo" to elevate your privileges for that one application.

If you DO have a good reason for using Gnome as root, by all means let
us know and we may be able to help.