Re: Epson Perfection 1240U USB scanner device not found

Joel Roth <joelz@pobox.com> wrote:
> This scanner is supposed to be fully supported by SANE.
> But scanimage --list-devices only show my notebook camera.

I see further down the thread that you have determined that scanimage
needs root.

I have also found that my Perfection 2480 needed a firmware upload
("esfw41.bin", snaffled, I think, from the Windows installation
files). This I configured in /etc/sane.d/scanscan.conf. I notice this
file mentions the 2480 but not the 1240, so you might be alright.

Chris