Re: Squeeze, MySQL and hosts.allow and hosts.deny ignored

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:18:07 +0200, Zdenek Herman wrote:

> On 10/07/12 17:29, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> Ah, how curious... It seems to be documented here:
>>>
>>> 4.2.2. Connecting to the MySQL Server
>>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/connecting.html

(...)

>> Camaleón is correct.
>>
>> When you are logged into mysql, you can enter the "status" command and
>> it will show how you are connected.
>>
>> Connect via "-h localhost":

(...)

>> Connect via "-h 127.0.0.1":

(...)

>> Connection:        127.0.0.1 via TCP/IP ...
>> TCP port:        3306
>>
>> Hope that clears it up a bit.
>>
>> It might be possible to disable the socket connection in the MySQL
>> config, but I haven't looked into that.
>>

> Ok  - many thanks guys for reply
> This explain first part of problem - my fault sorry. I tried set in my
> hosts.allow
> mysqld: 127.0.0.1 \
>      : spawn ( echo $(date '+%%d.%%m.%%y %%T') access ALLOWED from %u@%h [%a] >> /var/log/tcp_wrapper/%d.log ) &
> This allow connect from localhost - its ok. But why when connect from
> remote machine or 127.0.0.1 nothing in log ? With sshd work same command great.

I would rather use the IP of the machine where MySQL runs (192.168.1.1)
instead the loopback device (127.0.0.1) and not only for hosts.allow/
deny but also for the running MySQL daemon if you want to be accessible
from clients in your local network.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón