Re: Squeeze, MySQL and hosts.allow and hosts.deny ignored

My hosts.deny
# /etc/hosts.deny: list of hosts that are _not_ allowed to access the system. # See the manual pages hosts_access(5) and hosts_options(5).
#
# Example:    ALL: some.host.name, .some.domain
#             ALL EXCEPT in.fingerd: other.host.name, .other.domain
#
# If you're going to protect the portmapper use the name "portmap" for the
# daemon name. Remember that you can only use the keyword "ALL" and IP
# addresses (NOT host or domain names) for the portmapper, as well as for
# rpc.mountd (the NFS mount daemon). See portmap(8) and rpc.mountd(8)
# for further information.
#
# The PARANOID wildcard matches any host whose name does not match its
# address.
#
# You may wish to enable this to ensure any programs that don't
# validate looked up hostnames still leave understandable logs. In past
# versions of Debian this has been the default.
# ALL: PARANOID
ALL: ALL : spawn ( echo $(date '+%%d.%%m.%%y %%T') access DENIED from %u@%h [%a] >> /var/log/tcp_wrapper/%d.log ) &

My hosts.allow
# /etc/hosts.allow: list of hosts that are allowed to access the system.
# See the manual pages hosts_access(5) and hosts_options(5).
#
# Example:    ALL: LOCAL @some_netgroup
#             ALL: .foobar.edu EXCEPT terminalserver.foobar.edu
#
# If you're going to protect the portmapper use the name "portmap" for the
# daemon name. Remember that you can only use the keyword "ALL" and IP
# addresses (NOT host or domain names) for the portmapper, as well as for
# rpc.mountd (the NFS mount daemon). See portmap(8) and rpc.mountd(8)
# for further information.
#
sshd: 192.168.1.1 \
: spawn ( echo $(date '+%%d.%%m.%%y %%T') access ALLOWED from %u@%h [%a] >> /var/log/tcp_wrapper/%d.log ) &

I tested with mysqld: ALL in hosts.deny too.

Thanks for help

Zdenek Herman
zdenek.herman@ille.cz