Sugestions for New Releases of Debian

I'm new here but presume that this will be circulated in THE Deb-LIST.

I have slowly got used to Ubuntu, being a Linuxer for the last two
years,  but find now that with the new Ubuntu desktop-environment,
particularly UNITY, Ubuntu is going the William way - make the user
dependent and confused. It will definitely be difficult to use by new
possible users.

The Launchers/panels/drawers/applets system was designed by
first-class planners who understood that the Linux user wants order,
access and control -- which is freedom.

So please think whether you would like to widely support/disseminate
five thoughts:
1)  That the classic Debian desktop  with
Panels/launchers/drawers/applets remains - always.

2)  That the software repositories for Synaptic and Software-Centre
are kept as up-to-date as possible to give access to the latest
versions of software e.g. Eclipse, Scribus, I understand that these
are maintained by dedicated people as volunteers.

3) That software be developed to make a "Remaster" type backup on
larger than the ISO for a 4.7GB DVD.

4) That the .deb packages for all installations be kept in a separate
folder (other than /var/apt/cache/bin??) as a back-up local repository
folder which can be ported to a new installation e.g. after a
re-installation/re-formatting. This will save Internet time and
expense.

5) That detailed help panels/pop-ups happen which tell you what each
option implies during Debian installation
Regards
Aravind Chak (Mr.)