RE: Nvidia drivers problem Geforce 570

Well i have started from fresh again to attempt to get my resolution problem fixed with my Geforce 570 but it now seems that i have a misconfiguration in my xorg.conf

so this is exactly what i have done so far

# apt-get install module-assistant nvidia-kernel-common

# m-a auto-install nvidia-kernel${VERSION}-source

# apt-get install nvidia-glx${VERSION}

And then to configure X to use the nvidia driver there are 2 ways, manually creating xorg or modifying existing or to use
nvidia-xconfig. Due to a bug at the moment with nvidia-xconfig i tried it and failed so this time i decided to try the xorg.conf way

Since this is a fresh install i didnt have an existing xorg.conf i made one with the cut and paste config from wiki.debian.org

then i pasted in this
Section "Module"
Load "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Video Card"
Driver "nvidia"
EndSection

So by me saving this xorg.conf then running

invoke-rc.d gdm3 restart

I get a screen with a white little flashing - up in top left

i can ctrl-alt F2 to another screen so i can fix it. It seems apparent to me that my xorg.conf is misconfigured but because
i dont have another .conf to compare it to i dont know what its missing.

when running glxinfo |grep rendering i get the following output

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

and then in the xorg.0.log i found

(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)
(--) VESA(0): Virtual size is 1600x1200 (pitch 1600)

They werent one line after another i just found them from the log and pasted them here like this.

The monitor i am using i want to run at 2560x1440 but is only currently using 1600x1200

Does anyone have a working xorg.conf with an nvidia card that i could test with please?

And also does anyone know if the xorg.conf is configured correctly to use the GLX driver then does Vesa get disabled
by default or do i have to explicitly define X not to use the drivers elsewhere?

Sorry that its quite a long post but appreciate any help in advance

Thanks,
Nathan