Re: [OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 13:11:26 -0400, Tom H wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Can you guarantee that there isn't and will never be a BIOS rootkit
>>> that affects Linux?
>>>
>>> Can you guarantee that Windows botnets don't/won't attack Linux boxes?
>>
>> Tom, that's irrelevant!
>>
>> I can cope with a linux malware but I can't cope with a third-party
>> company disallowing me from booting _my own_ systems and I can't see
>> any benefit in helping nor defending such restrictive position.
>>
>> To be sincere, I prefer my linux (or windows) computer got infected
>> because of _my failure_ that being at the orders of a _third party_ :-/
>
> It's not irrelevant. Irrespective of Linux using or not using Secure
> Boot, I want Microsoft to take every measure the it can take to reduce
> the number of compromised Windows boxes and therefore reduce the number
> of attacks on my Linux boxes.

And that's perfectly fine!

But then you have to *stick to their rules* so ask them what are their
plans to support a dual booting system and what are they doing to
integrate their secure boot system with the rest of the OS makers.

Surprise... they are doing nothing! Why have we to spend our scarce
resources and our time in patching their faults and lackings? That's
crazy :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón