Re: [OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 19:26:55 +0200, Claudius Hubig wrote:

> Hello Camaleón,
>
> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Microsoft (I can't tell for the rest of the hardware manufacturers
>> because their position is not mentioned in detail in the blog post) is
>> forcing a needing for something I (and I guess others) _don't need_,
>> like TPM modules, using a password in GRUB2, using encryption nor
>> signing for safe code.
>
> If you don’t need that, you can disable secure boot and be happy.

I won't be happy seeing my distribution going towards the steps of
another company just becasue it has the majority of the OS desktop market
share, whatever that company is named.

> However, I welcome the fact that attacks on Windows will be made more
> difficult, since that also means smaller botnets, fewer vulnerable
> computers etc.

That's the problem: we don't have to care about Windows security, it's
not our business! That's a problem for the Windows users not for us.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón