[OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:52:22 +0530, Harshad Joshi wrote:

(please, no html, thanks...)

> i was reading this article -  http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/12368.html
>
> It is written by someone related to redhat and it describes implementing
> UEFI secure boot in Fedora Core.
>
> Lot of PC/laptop/tablets in 2012 and beyond will have UEFI instead of
> good old bios.

(...)

Ah, yes. I read about it recently in some Spanish tech magazine...

IMO, Fedora did *the wrong thing* (since when blindly following what
Microsoft -or any other company- does is the correct way to achieve a
milestone?) in *the wrong way* (by not counting with the whole open
source community support, or at least the other linux distributions,
before taking such a decision).

Of course, they're not committed to give explanations on what they do nor
how they do, but neither makes a favor to the FLOSS community :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón