Re: [OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

Hello Camaleón,

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Microsoft (I can't tell for the rest of the hardware manufacturers
> because their position is not mentioned in detail in the blog post) is
> forcing a needing for something I (and I guess others) _don't need_, like
> TPM modules, using a password in GRUB2, using encryption nor signing for
> safe code.

If you don’t need that, you can disable secure boot and be happy.
However, I welcome the fact that attacks on Windows will be made more
difficult, since that also means smaller botnets, fewer vulnerable
computers etc.

Best regards,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
http://chubig.net                          telnet nightfall.org 4242