Re: [OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

Hello Camaleón,

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Microsoft (I can't tell for the rest of the hardware manufacturers
> because their position is not mentioned in detail in the blog post) is
> forcing a needing for something I (and I guess others) _don't need_, like
> TPM modules, using a password in GRUB2, using encryption nor signing for
> safe code.

If you don’t need that, you can disable secure boot and be happy.
However, I welcome the fact that attacks on Windows will be made more
difficult, since that also means smaller botnets, fewer vulnerable
computers etc.

Best regards,

Claudius
--