Re: [OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:07:42 -0400, Tom H wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 19:26:55 +0200, Claudius Hubig wrote:
>>>
>>> However, I welcome the fact that attacks on Windows will be made more
>>> difficult, since that also means smaller botnets, fewer vulnerable
>>> computers etc.
>>
>> That's the problem: we don't have to care about Windows security, it's
>> not our business! That's a problem for the Windows users not for us.
>
> Can you guarantee that there isn't and will never be a BIOS rootkit that
> affects Linux?
>
> Can you guarantee that Windows botnets don't/won't attack Linux boxes?

Tom, that's irrelevant!

I can cope with a linux malware but I can't cope with a third-party
company disallowing me from booting _my own_ systems and I can't see any
benefit in helping nor defending such restrictive position.

To be sincere, I prefer my linux (or windows) computer got infected
because of _my failure_ that being at the orders of a _third party_ :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón