the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

i was reading this article -  http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/12368.html

It is written by someone related to redhat and it describes implementing UEFI secure boot in Fedora Core.

Lot of PC/laptop/tablets in 2012 and beyond will have UEFI instead of good old bios.

I want to know what Debian is planning to do and how it will thwart this potential threat to opensource software and now hardware architecture.

Will Debian community fight against this evil step taken by computer makers ?

All idea of opensource is not open unless we have access to open hardware architecture.

--
Harshad Joshi