Re: Re: how to update Debian OS properly

> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
>
> please confirm if above repositories are good to go with,

There is a problem because you have mixed "stable" and "squeeze". It
will work from now until wheezy is released, then your system will
partly upgrade itself to wheezy and something will likely break.

To fix that, use either "stable" or "squeeze" exclusively. I prefer to
use "squeeze", as recommended by most of the people who have commented
here, so I can choose a convenient time to perform the upgrade to the
next release.

I hope this helps.

--
Cheers,