Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot

On Sat, 19 May 2012 13:41:33 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> I have tried to check if I can see something in the mb BIOS to see if
>> it can tell me anything about the connected hardware. But I didn't find
>> anything in the PCI settings.
>
> Mmm, have you tried to set a RAID level instead using JBOD? It's just
> for testing... although this can only be done in a very early stage when
> the disks are completely empty with no data on them because I'm afraid
> changing this will destroy whatever contains.

I will play around this evening a bit.
Luckily my last attempt with the Supermicro HBAs wipped the disks already
so I have some disks to play with ;-)

>>> Are you reaching the GRUB2 menu? If yes, you can select "recovery
>>> mode/ single-user mode".
>>
>> Ah ok. Yes I have tried that with both kernels in recovery mode but
>> without luck.
>> There are alot more messages with the last two of them the over-current
>> messages :-o
>
> If you could upload an image with the screen you get, it would be great
> :-)

Here you go:
http://666kb.com/i/c3yd21ff71u88d4x8.jpg

But I could only get the last part when it stopped adding new lines. It
just was too fast to get anything before :-(

Best regards
Ramon