Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:04:38 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> 30.04.2012 19:11, Camaleón kirjoitti:

>> Is just me who receives this sort of e-mails when replying to certain
>> messages of this mailing list?
>>
>> I'm now getting this which pretends to be from myself so I guess the
>> other posts I received were also faked in the same way.

(...)

>> These messages seem to be related with this site:
>>
>> http://portal.joegiglio.org
>>
>> Anyone knows what's this?
>>

> I am not receiving anything like that. Have you happened to post about
> this issue earlier to this list or am I just imagining it?

Yes, I first (and wrongly) thought this could be a misconfigured auto-
responder, a bad gateway configuration or something like that but now I
see this is something that is done automatically and randomly.

> By the way, this looks like a reason to GPG sign everything, like I am
> doing. There is sometimes arguing at gnupg-user and enigmail user about
> should messages to mailing lists be signed or not. I think that there
> was once such arguement here too in some of those multiple [OT] Posting
> styles threads.

I would be against forcing the usage of signed e-mails for mailing lists
which, by the way, can be also automated and used to send spam or "faked"
messages: you don't solve a problem like this with just GPG/PGP, you need
to apply additional counter-measures.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón