Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

30.04.2012 20:16, Camaleón kirjoitti:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:04:38 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>
>> 30.04.2012 19:11, Camaleón kirjoitti:
>
>>> Is just me who receives this sort of e-mails when replying to certain
>>> messages of this mailing list?
>>>
>>> I'm now getting this which pretends to be from myself so I guess the
>>> other posts I received were also faked in the same way.
>
> (...)
>
>>> These messages seem to be related with this site:
>>>
>>> http://portal.joegiglio.org
>>>
>>> Anyone knows what's this?
>>>

>> I am not receiving anything like that. Have you happened to post about
>> this issue earlier to this list or am I just imagining it?
>
> Yes, I first (and wrongly) thought this could be a misconfigured auto-
> responder, a bad gateway configuration or something like that but now I
> see this is something that is done automatically and randomly.
>
>> By the way, this looks like a reason to GPG sign everything, like I am
>> doing. There is sometimes arguing at gnupg-user and enigmail user about
>> should messages to mailing lists be signed or not. I think that there
>> was once such arguement here too in some of those multiple [OT] Posting
>> styles threads.
>
> I would be against forcing the usage of signed e-mails for mailing lists
> which, by the way, can be also automated and used to send spam or "faked"
> messages: you don't solve a problem like this with just GPG/PGP, you need
> to apply additional counter-measures.
>
> Greetings,

You misunderstood me. I only said that it's a reason to use GPG, not
that it should be forced.
If GPG signatures would be forced, amount of posts on this list would
drop and there wouldn't be so many people on this list.

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728