Re: difficult to isolate problem - browser access to router has problems on on machine but not other

Camaleón wrote, on 18/04/12 00:02:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:23:14 +0930, Arthur Marsh wrote:

Camaleón wrote, on 17/04/12 00:25:

(...)

Are there any differences between both computer environments (e.g.,
same package version of "libwebkit"?). Also, 32 and 64 bits package
versions can make a difference so to discard any bug or incompatibility
problem with "gtklauncher" I would try with a different browser.

As mentioned in another sub-thread I bought a realtek 8169 based network
card (same chipset as the built-in ethernet on the AMD64 motherboard).
This worked in the Pentium4 machine running the i386 version of Debian
at accessing the router's web interface, but failed on the AMD64 machine
running the AMD64 version of Debian.

I'd like to try a network card with a different chipset in the AMD64
machine. (Also one could put the hard disk from the Pentium4 machine in
the AMD64 machine to run the i386 version of Debian in the AMD64
machine).

(...)

But you already discarded the network card because it worked from a
LiveCD (SystemRescueCD), right? Which makes me think this has to be some
sort of software issue :-?

Greetings,

Yes, but it could be software specific to the chipset on the network card that has been upgraded since the version that appeared on sysrescuecd.

Arthur.