Re: difficult to isolate problem - browser access to router has problems on on machine but not other

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:23:14 +0930, Arthur Marsh wrote:

> Camaleón wrote, on 17/04/12 00:25:

(...)

>> Are there any differences between both computer environments (e.g.,
>> same package version of "libwebkit"?). Also, 32 and 64 bits package
>> versions can make a difference so to discard any bug or incompatibility
>> problem with "gtklauncher" I would try with a different browser.
>
> As mentioned in another sub-thread I bought a realtek 8169 based network
> card (same chipset as the built-in ethernet on the AMD64 motherboard).
> This worked in the Pentium4 machine running the i386 version of Debian
> at accessing the router's web interface, but failed on the AMD64 machine
> running the AMD64 version of Debian.
>
> I'd like to try a network card with a different chipset in the AMD64
> machine. (Also one could put the hard disk from the Pentium4 machine in
> the AMD64 machine to run the i386 version of Debian in the AMD64
> machine).

(...)

But you already discarded the network card because it worked from a
LiveCD (SystemRescueCD), right? Which makes me think this has to be some
sort of software issue :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón