Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp

On 29/03/12 17:22, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 18:52:07 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

On Jo, 29 mar 12, 14:09:29, Camaleón wrote:

That's the problem, Andrei. The nebook has 2 GiB of RAM, enough for not
having to care about this and the operation I was performing was
browsing a 75 MiB tar.gz file with Midnight Commander. That's simply
what flooded tpmfs and made MC to abort.

Maybe I misunderstood, is that the compressed or the uncompressed size?

It's the usual compressed kernel source file, e.g.:

2GB RAM gives me a 403 MB /tmp ...

"tmpfs" for "/tmp" was set to 423 MiB as I explained here¹ which seemed
to be not enough because, despite of the size, I run "out of space".

The current kernel source file uncompresses to over 500MB. I'm guessing that mc uncompresses the whole file to examine it, so it will exceed your tmpfs size.

Disclaimer: I've never used Midnight Commander