Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp

On Ma, 27 mar 12, 14:58:52, Camaleón wrote:

> IMO, the rule of thumb for applying a new default is asking ourselves if
> the new default will cause any problem to the users. If yes, then
> don't touch the old default and keep it the way it was.

I don't agree.

> If we are not going to get any improvement but just for the 10% of our
> user-base, then we are failing the 90% of the rest.

The improvement long term *could* be valuable enough to justify the
pain. The correct way is usually not the easy way.

One of the big reasons I love Debian is because it is not afraid to
choose the hard path[1] when the long term benefits are worth it.

[1] starting with it's commitment to free software and continuing with
Firefox renaming, removal of non-free firmware from the kernel,
multiarch, and many more.

Kind regards,
Andrei