Re: Lilo not recognizing keyboard SOLVED)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 05:43:45 -0500, Stan wrote in message
<[🔎] 4F704861.1040001@hardwarefreak.com>:

> On 3/25/2012 10:58 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
>
> > I should have googled before posting.  Aparently lilo is not
> > capable of recognizing USB keyboards, but the BIOS can.  All I
> > needed to do was find the right BIOS option.  The only tricky part
> > was that this option (in my BIOS) says nothing about keyboards.
> > The option was for allowing legacy USB support in DOS!  Who looks
> > for that?!?
>
> Anyone who has built/used PCs for say, 10 years, specifically
> whitebox, and has spent a fair amount of time in AMI/Award BIOS.
> Phoenix BIOS usually ships on retail branded boxen along with Intel
> retail mobos, and usually has this function enabled by default on
> anything sold within the past 7 years or so.  So basically any
> HardwareFreak would know what to look for.  ;)

..one thing lilo will do, is hop back to the old disk if you make
that a menu option.  Found that out trying to boot /dev/md0 rather
than dance between /dev/hd{a,b}0. ;o)

..but then grub offers cute things like "ro[tab]". ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: