Re: Lilo not recognizing keyboard SOLVED)

On 03/27/12 03:59, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 05:43:45 -0500, Stan wrote in message
..one thing lilo will do, is hop back to the old disk if you make
that a menu option.  Found that out trying to boot /dev/md0 rather
than dance between /dev/hd{a,b}0. ;o)

Absolutely! I left the menu option for the old disk, and even for the previous kernel on the old disk. I had no intentions of removing those options until I was sure that I could boot without problems on the new disk.

In fact, I left the menu item for the old boot as the default. A good thing, too. If linux had not wanted to boot from the new disk and I could not select the old boot from the menu because of the USB keyboard, I would have been up a creek... It would have taken me a lot longer, with a lot more trouble, to find out that I needed to change the BIOS settings and find the correct setting.

Now that everything is definitely booting correctly, I have changed Lilo's default to the new drive, but the menu option for the old drive is still there, and will probably remain until I install a new kernel. Then I will have my current kernel on the new disk as my backup option.

ALWAYS have a plan!

Marc