Lilo not recognizing keyboard

I just migrated my / partition to a larger partition on a new disk. I used find piped to cpio which took care of everything except modifications to fstab and lilo.conf and then running lilo. I made those changes, leaving tho old setup in lilo.conf as the default and the old disk installed until I was sure that everything was booting OK. Then I ran lilo and everything was as expected... until I rebooted.

The lilo screen came up, showing my new menu option and all of my previous options. The problem is that I can not select anything, so it eventually boots into the default option. I can not select the other options, either with the arrow keys, or by typing in the desired option. Anything that I do at the keyboard is simply ignored and the default option boots. I recently installed a new keyboard and this one is a USB keyboard, instead of my old PS2 keyboard. Could this have anything to do with the problem. The keyboard works fine after linux is loaded.

My lilo.conf file contains:

boot=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD400EB-00CPF0_WD-WCAAT1261081
large-memory
compact
lba32
vga=normal
prompt
timeout=100
default=Linux

image=/vmlinuz
        root="UUID=4127ac6d-f3b7-4785-b8a6-c40ad00f2fac"
        initrd=/initrd.img
        label=Linux_New
        read-only

image=/vmlinuz
        root="UUID=5e0d4da4-aba3-4965-8fb4-788501b0fe69"
        initrd=/initrd.img
        label=Linux
        read-only

image=/vmlinuz.old
        root="UUID=5e0d4da4-aba3-4965-8fb4-788501b0fe69"
        initrd=/initrd.img.old
        label="Linux_Old"
        read-only

image=/boot/memtest86+.bin