Re: Lilo not recognizing keyboard SOLVED)

On 03/25/12 20:31, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I just migrated my / partition to a larger partition on a new disk. I
used find piped to cpio which took care of everything except
modifications to fstab and lilo.conf and then running lilo. I made those
changes, leaving tho old setup in lilo.conf as the default and the old
disk installed until I was sure that everything was booting OK. Then I
ran lilo and everything was as expected... until I rebooted.

The lilo screen came up, showing my new menu option and all of my
previous options. The problem is that I can not select anything, so it
eventually boots into the default option. I can not select the other
options, either with the arrow keys, or by typing in the desired option.
Anything that I do at the keyboard is simply ignored and the default
option boots. I recently installed a new keyboard and this one is a USB
keyboard, instead of my old PS2 keyboard. Could this have anything to do
with the problem. The keyboard works fine after linux is loaded.

I should have googled before posting. Aparently lilo is not capable of recognizing USB keyboards, but the BIOS can. All I needed to do was find the right BIOS option. The only tricky part was that this option (in my BIOS) says nothing about keyboards. The option was for allowing legacy USB support in DOS! Who looks for that?!? Once I found it, everything is working just fine.

Marc Shapiro