Re: Monitor remains in Standby after Suspend

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:58:26 +0200, Leonard Le-Rey wrote:

> I have the following problem:
>
> I use Debian/Wheezy (Testing) and have a NVIDIA Geforce Graphic Card, an
> Eizo EV2335W monitor. If I use the option "Suspend" in GNOME 3,
> everything works and the computer shuts down. If I start the computer
> again, the screen does not activate itself, I mean, I can move the mouse
> or keyboard, but I don't get back (the screen remains in standby). Even
> a reboot does not help, only a full turn off with the power button and a
> restart of the computer.
>
> How one could solve this problem?

Eizo's displays quality are another level, I love them :-)

What happens if you manually switch (button press) between your monitor
input sources (e.g., DVI/VGA/HDMI)?

If this restores your Eizo display back to life, there's an option for
the closed source driver that it could help for this (Option
"UseDisplayDevice" "DFP"¹) which auto-detects the source of the monitor
and avoids the display to be put in stand-by mode.

If you're using "nuvó" (the open source driver), I don't know if there's/how's
an equivalent for the above.

¹ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/295.33/README/xconfigoptions.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón