Re: X-server problem

> Would you care to expand a bit? Might help others in your situation.
i will try ;-)
Since i debootstrapt my system and have different partitions for
/, swap, /usr, /var, /tmp and /home directories i had to set the mount
options in /etc/fstab manually.
The easiest way was to take an existing, working /etc/fstab file, which in
my case, since i am using lvm2 with labels on my other machine was:

***
  LABEL=root /             ext2    defaults,noatime,errors=remount-ro      0       1
  /dev/sda2  none  swap  sw  0  0
  LABEL=lv_usr /usr ext3 defaults,noatime,nodev 0 2
  LABEL=lv_var /var ext3 defaults,noatime,nosuid,nodev 0 2
  LABEL=lv_tmp /tmp ext3 defaults,noatime,nosuid,nodev 0 2
  LABEL=lv_home /home ext2 defaults,noatime,nosuid,nodev 0 2
***

i simply changed LABEL=lv_* with /dev/sda? for correct partitions.
As a result the partitions seemed to be mounted read only for the user.
And X crashed with different errors :-/
I still was able to write in /home and /tmp. But after changing the mount
options for the last 3 to rw,nosuid,nodev and rw,nodev for /usr
X works without problems. I am not sure which partition and which
option made the difference.

Anyway thanks for your help!

Andriy

--
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"--a strange complaint to come from
the mouths of people who have had to live.