Re: X-server problem

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 01:17:51AM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Jo, 15 mar 12, 23:35:22, Andriy Samsonyuk wrote:
> > > I usually run startx as a user to get it up & running; I'm puzzled
> > > by your insistence on 'xinit'.   :)
> > i tryed startx. I get more output:
> >
> > hostname: Name or service not known
> > xauth: (stdin):1: bad display name "$HOSTNAME:0" in "add" command
>
> What happens if you run 'hostname' by hand?
i get the correct $HOSTNAME

at the moment i have a feeling, that the problem is not in the X server,
but in the wrong configuration of debian by debootstrap.
Wrong permissions, devices or smth.

was not able to google any solution yet :-(

--
Always the dullness of the fool is the whetstone of the wits.
		-- William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"