Re: All flash videos playing far too quickly

On 02/17/2012 11:38 AM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 08:16, brian<brian@meadows.pair.com>  wrote:

<snip>

And yes, this is all 64-bit, and I did try the Flash 11 downloaded direct
from Adobe. Neither of us have separate video cards, Pat's mobo claims to
emulate an nVidia GeForce 6150 SE, I'll have to dig a little to find mine as
my box doesn't carry a sticker giving the details.

Well, it isn't emulation. If it says that, it has a GeForce 6150 chip on
the motherboard. It is odd, but not unheard of, to have an nVidia chipset
and an AMD CPU.

Hardware's not my strong point - I didn't know whether it was just something claiming to be "compatible with" the GeForce 6150, nor that it was a chip rather than a card.

Pat's PC is a eMachines/Wal-Mart model, so no doubt it's slightly cheaper to have that combination, unusual though it might be.

I am suspecting the drivers, though it could be some library or something if
all of those browsers you tried where the Debian versions. Have you tried
any of the upstream versions? (e.g. FF tarballs, Google's Chromium repos)

No, the browsers are all from the Wheezy repositories. Now you mention it, IceWeasel does seem to be based on a rather old version of Firefox. I'll try grabbing at least Firefox and Chromium direct from the sites. Watch this space...

Brian.