Re: Netinstall cannot find wireless access points

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 06:26:27 -0500, Tom H wrote:

>>> That's not the kind of sources users tend to read (i.e., Debian wiki,
>>> Debian News, debian-devel, debian-boot, Debian planet, Debian
>>> blogs...).
>>
>> I dont' read these either. I just knew that there was a
>> wpasupplicant-udeb (I'm not sure from where) and I pointed to its
>> existence as a package as well as to the fact that it's being included
>> in the installer.
>
> I don't know where these features use to be advertized, I follow debian-
> news, debian-announce, debian planet and often read debian developers
> blogs and this went completely unnoticed to me. I think this is something
> most users are awaiting for and would be glad to try, check and report
> over... unless they're unaware about the possibility >:-)

There probably isn't a "debian-testing-announce" because, AFAIK,
"testing" was never meant to be a widely-used release. The
announcement of the availability of WPA in d-i'll probably be done
when Wheezy's released, in the same way that there wasn't a "we're now
defaulting to grub2 in testing" announcement when Squeeze was
"testing"; I've just googled "grub2
site:lists.debian.org/debian-announce" and "grub2
site:lists.debian.org/debian-news"). It'd be nice to have a generic
"testing" announce-list but I suspect that the developers are busy
enough as it is.