Re: Netinstall cannot find wireless access points

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 20:05:00 +0000, Brian wrote:

> On Sat 04 Feb 2012 at 19:43:07 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 19:15:04 +0000, Brian wrote:
>>
>> > Get netcfg from http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/netcfg. Open. It is
>> > in the Debian directory.
>>
>> But how a person who is installing Debian is going to be aware of that?
>
> By reading the literature which comes with the stable release. It's the
> only one Debian supports. Otherwise they are by themseves or at the
> mercy of debian-user. :)

And users thank their kindness, but if we are not aware about the
possibility of using other than WEP for wireless installs we can't ever
try or test or debug or report. If this is an option, it should be
properly documented :-)

>> > What's the betting it will be before Wheezy is *officially* released?
>>
>> Well, the testing install guide is an ongoing work (the same way
>> testing itself is) so for those who install wheezy having updated
>> information of the install process it can be useful.
>
> Sorry, I can't resist this. :)
>
>>From another mail in this thread:
>
>    . . . . and offer your help for testing whatever needed.

And what kind of help can we provide if we don't know if WPA/WPA2 is a
supported option? New features need to be published at the wiki or
install guide or...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón