Re: radeonhd removed from Testing ... in February, still gone?

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 05:00:22PM +0000, Camale?n wrote:

> I don't think the current experience with VGA cards is "bad" but
> "annoying". But how can you|we enhance it from Debian's side? Debian
> can't include closed source drivers nor blob by default (the same goes
> for wireless cards that need proprietary drivers...), and that's why most
> of Debian users do love the distribution. I think there are another
> debianized distros (Ubuntu, Mint?) oriented to average users that do
> provide (or at least facilitate) the installation for such closed source
> drivers.

Sorry, I seem to be expressing myself unclearly.

If one chooses to install the non-free blob and/or driver, it should be a
transparent process, not this bizarre "you just have to know to run this
modprobe command" system.

And answering text I removed: no, the script did not tell me anything.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!