Re: Debian SID - Can't setup Language for applications(using xdm, wmaker)

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 09:49:05AM BST, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> I tried to run mc, ekiga, bluefish:
>  $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 mc
>  $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 ekiga
>  $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 bluefish
>
> Neither mc and ekiga nor bluefish gives to me Hungarian menus. :(

In that case are the actual locale generated at all?

% dpkg-reconfigure locales

or simply install 'locales-all'.

Also make sure you don't have 'localepurge' or similar, eating your
locale.

> > Just tested it on my laptop with Hungarian locale and it works fine.
> > If the above work that would point to your DM or WM not setting your
> > environment properly.
                                               ^^
Try without xdm, use startx.
Also try running, e.g. 'mc' or other curses app under x-terminal and
under tty and see if it makes a difference.
If neither of the above works, I'm running out of ideas.

Regards,
--
Raf